- Appointment: Your physician will advise you when to schedule your next follow-up appointment after your surgery. This is usually 1-2 weeks after surgery.
- Activity: We encourage rest and quiet activities for the first 2-3 days. Your physician will advise you on how long you should maintain voice rest. It is normal to have a change in your voice after this procedure which could last for an undetermined amount of time.
- Medication: A prescription for pain medication may be given. Please take as directed. If you do not need the prescribed medication and want to take an over-the-counter medication, you may use the over-the-counter acetaminophen (Tylenol) as needed, do not exceed 4000 mg per day total. Use of ibuprofen may be allowed, please as your physician before use.
- Diet: Start with liquids and progress to easily digested foods, such as soup. Solid food may be slowly added to your diet if you are comfortable after taking liquids.
- Temperature: If temperature is over 101 degrees orally, please call the office.
- Bleeding: You should only experience a minimal amount of blood tinged mucous. If more bleeding than this occurs, please call the office.
- Breathing: If you experience any difficulty breathing, please call the office.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL OUR OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS: 410.760.8840.